Building your personal brand is a great way to grow and develop as a professional.
Be very intentional and consistent about who you are and what you want your brand to be:
- This includes the job you do, the company you work for, a business you own, a business you’re trying to build, or the industry you’re in
- Be intentional and specific about it! You probably know people and what they exactly do because they are extremely consistent with their brand
- Since they are consistent with their brand, you know who your go-to person is going to be when you need information on something
Create and share content on social media:
- Some social media platforms include LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. The possibilities are endless!
- This is a great way to get your message out there and share information you can be a subject matter expert on
- Be consistent with creating and sharing content! If you are going to use social media to share an article you wrote or a video you created, make sure you are consistent and do it regularly
- Once you post your content, keep an eye on other people in that industry that can benefit from the information you are sharing and connect with them! By connecting with them, you can share knowledge with each other. Like, comment, and share their content!
Attend events (virtually, for now):
- Find events you are involved with!
- This includes industry-specific associations and regional organizations! By attending these events, it is a great opportunity to learn from different individuals and professionals.
- By learning different things, this will get your creativity flowing for how to continue to grow your brand!
- Connect with like-minded individuals who have the same goals as you or someone you admire/look up to!
- After you connect with these individuals in person, send them a message on LinkedIn! See if you can grab them for a 15-minute phone call or grab a coffee. This is a great way for you to grow and develop!