In 2019, Buffalo Niagara’s manufacturing industry imported nearly $11 billion in goods from other regions across the U.S. For plastics and adhesives, and electrical equipment suppliers Buffalo-Niagara looks outside our region for these products 80%+ of the time. Locating in Buffalo Niagara to feed the local supply chain is a great option for businesses to capture this marketing share.
The business-case for industries sourcing materials locally is an easy one:
- Cost and time savings on shipping from suppliers
- Enhanced opportunities for customers to communicate specific needs to suppliers
- Closer involvement in prototyping processes, thereby increased likelihood in becoming a supplier of choice for innovative new product lines
For suppliers of these industries, there are also benefits to opening an operation in Buffalo Niagara to more closely work with client manufacturers. First, we know there is a market with so much importing.
Moreover, participating in innovation directly with customers ensures a sustainable flow of revenues.
- Save on marketing campaigns - leverage warm leads from existing customers
- Be green for our environment and your bottom line – tap into our cheap hydropower
- Interconnect your talent with your customers’ talent – foster working relationships which extend beyond transactional interactions and develop trust between each others’ future leaders
Don’t Forget: Buffalo-Niagara is only 90 minutes from Toronto’s $265B+ economy!
It is this human capital where Buffalo Niagara’s value statement really gives the argument for locating a business here critical mass. We invest in education. We draw top talent from across a highly-education state, region, and internationally. We provide a robust blend of skills and competencies across occupations. Buffalo Niagara boasts a rich history of manufacturing success and an investment in the changes of the future, from the newly minted Northland Workforce Training Center to TechBuffalo’s industry led competency matching and a whole lot more in between.
Buffalo-Niagara has the customers who buy your products already. We have the talent to support your company now, and through any future pivots. Our cost of living allows you to access that top talent without inflating your workforce costs.
And, we’re here to help. Invest Buffalo Niagara is your confidential liaison and data resource for exploring our region’s opportunity for your business.